Our elegant cakes are an ever evolving product due to client requirements every bride would like something special and unique as they are.
Our popular cake flavour to choose from:
- Gluten free chocolate cake, contains nuts
- Flourless orange cake, beautiful refreshing cake gluten free, contains nuts
- Chocolate fruit cake, a traditional fruit cake with the incredible addition of rich Belgium chocolate, which gives the cake a delicious flavour and keeps it moist.
- A heavenly rich dark chocolate mud cake
- Traditional madiera cake, usually for children’s novelty cakes
- Individual decorated cupcakes, most flavours available
Cake shape & Novelty cakes:
- The most popular cake shape is either round or square and the least expensive as far as shape is concerned, as we have these cake pans on hand.
- However, if you want a heart shape cake or something less common it can be done, though these pans need to be especially ordered, so effectively increase the price.
We offer a range of icing & frosting options:
- Rolled fondant icing, for wedding / christening cakes
- White chocolate, milk chocolate or dark chocolate frosting, Great for cupcakes and tier cakes with chocolate chards
- Butter cream, usually for kid’s novelty cakes
- Chocolate ganache
- Fondant, ideal for cupcakes and tops of birthday cakes
Cake Decorations & Toppers:
- Sweet Cins offer a range of cake decorating options but is ultimately up to the client desires and requirements.
- We have a selection of handmade sugar flowers, chocolate decorations & ribbons to choose from.
- We also work closely with a local company who designs cake toppers from fondant icing; wedding clients usually go with fresh flowers from their florist to keep the theme.
Cake sizing & stucture:
- Cake size is a direct reflection of your guest list.
- Wether you are serving it as dessert, to have with tea and coffee or a take home gesture, as these determine the portion size you will recieve from each layer.
- Also if you are keeping the top tier to celebrate your first wedding anniversary, you will need extra layers to feed your guests.
Things to think about before you order:
- How many portions do you require?
- What shape and how many tiers?
- Will it be dessert or finger food?
- Do you have a desired colour theme within the wedding?
- We recommend you order your cake 3 months before your wedding if possible. A 30% deposit is required when you booking is finalised and full payment is required two weeks prior to your special day.
Things that effect the pricing structure:
- Number of guest’s, choice of cake, shape, and how many tiers, icing and cake details ie: ribbons, cake toppers. So price is determined on individual client desires and requirements, due to this the prices below are approximate’s only.
- Cake size; the larger the wedding cake, or the more complex in design – the greater the chance of the wedding cake collapsing. Extra measures and time go into securing the structure of the cake so it does’nt topple over.
- Wedding cake toppers; the wedding cake topper can be a simple boquet of fresh flowers, Photo frame, heart shape, blown glass, moulded fondant, or crystal monogram topper.
- If you are on a budget you could get a simple elegant single cake design, with your favorite icing, shape and decorations ths cake will be on display used for photos and the cutting of the cake. Then also to cover the requirements for your guest list purchase a slab cake, these are only seen by the kitchen staff and sre the same flavour as your cake but without all the decorations just to be cut and served.